Last Updated on December 1, 2023 by Zinab Hasssan
Virtual Labs now are one of the most critical e-learning methods that are used in facilitating science education, especially in chemistry. Chemistry virtual lab is an online simulation of a real chemistry lab. It is designed to help students conduct their chemistry experiments easily without any risks in a safe environment and in a manner resembling a real lab.
In this blog, we will shed light on the secrets of PraxiLabs chemistry virtual labs, their features, how they help students, the best tips and practices, and we will take a look at our diverse catalog for chemistry simulations.
Table of Contents
Exploring the Limitless Features of Chemistry Virtual Labs
The main purpose of doing chemistry experiments at virtual labs is to help students link chemical computations with the real chemistry lab and provide a safe and interactive learning experience.
Chemistry virtual labs introduce several benefits and features to increase students’ learning outcomes such as:
Safety: Chemistry virtual labs protect students from many hazards in real labs like direct exposure to toxic substances or radioactive chemicals as there is no direct handling of these dangerous materials; all experiments are done online.
Flexibility and Accessibility: Students can access chemistry virtual simulations anytime and anywhere, without the need for physical lab space or specific equipment and tools, this makes virtual labs a suitable online learning method for different learning styles.
Cost-Effective: Chemistry virtual labs reduce the need for expensive laboratory equipment, tools, materials, and other supplies. They are considered as a cost-effective alternative, allowing educational institutions and universities to offer perfect practical chemistry experiences for their students without the financial burden.
Interactivity: Chemistry virtual labs offer interactive and immersive 3D simulations and visualizations for better understanding and to eliminate boredom among students.
Several Additional Resources: Chemistry virtual labs provide students with a wide range of resources, including lab manuals, instructions during the experiments, animated videos, tests, and more supplementary materials to enhance students’ understanding and learning outcomes.
Level Up Your Chemistry Skills |The Best Practices for PraxiLabs Chemistry Virtual Labs
When using PraxiLabs chemistry virtual labs, here are some tips and best practices to keep in mind:
Familiarize Yourself with PraxiLabs Simulations:
- Take your time to explore the features and functionalities of the PraxiLabs chemistry virtual labs and the whole the platform.
- The following video will help you discover PraxiLabs and get the most out of our virtual labs. It will help you understand how to navigate through the dashboard, access different experiments, and use the tools and materials.
Plan and Prepare
- Before conducting an experiment, make sure that you have a clear understanding of the experiment instructions, tools, materials, concepts, methods and objectives.
- We have a page for each experiment we provide including:
Experiment name\ branch\ Discipline.
The main purpose of the experiment.
The main method used in the experiment.
Learning objectives for students.
Theoretical background to know.
The principle of work.
Follow Proper Lab Procedures
- When you start doing the experiment, it is important to treat the chemistry virtual lab experience as you would a real lab and pay attention to all safety warnings, protocols, and procedures.
- You can follow the step-by-step instructions we provide by our lab assistant “Oxi” who can help you with the different steps of the experiment, click on it to open/ close the steps as needed to ensure accurate results.
Take Advantage of Resources
- PraxiLabs chemistry virtual labs offer a wide range of resources and supporting materials to enhance your learning experience and outcomes. Using these resources will increase understanding of the experiment.
- Go to the blackboard part for more resources such as:
(a) An explanatory video
(b) Files to explain the experiment
(c) Walkthrough video
(d) Enriching information
(e) Exercises to test yourself after the experiment.
Engage in Active Learning
- Actively engage with the chemistry virtual lab by interacting with the equipment, doing the steps of the experiment, and observing the outcomes.
- For a more interactive and immersive learning experience, PraxiLabs provides amazing features inside our simulations. You can explore it in the next video:
- It is important to take notes during the experiment to record observations, measurements, and any unexpected results.
- If you encounter any technical problems or have any questions about the chemistry virtual labs, reach out to PraxiLabs’ 24/7 tech support for assistance.
PraxiLabs Chemistry Virtual Labs
PraxiLabs provides educational organizations and their students with a big catalog of Chemistry virtual labs, Physics Virtual Labs, and Virtual Biology Labs.
The Experiments currently available in chemistry virtual labs cover topics in analytical chemistry organic, inorganic, general, and safety. Without the hazards or high costs, students can learn and understand through our virtual labs.
Let’s discover them!
Analytical Chemistry Experiments from PraxiLabs
PraxiLabs provides a wide range of advanced experiments in analytical chemistry such as:
Organic Chemistry Experiments from PraxiLabs
PraxiLabs provides a group of organic chemistry practical experiments:
Inorganic Chemistry Experiments from PraxiLabs
PraxiLabs also provides inorganic chemistry practical experiments like:
Visit Our Ever-Expanding Catalog of 3D Chemistry Virtual Simulations and Enhance Your Students’ Learning Outcomes!